9:00am – 12:00pm
United Way of Winnipeg Learning Centre, 1st floor
580 Main St. Winnipeg
Price: CCEDNet members: $25 | Non-members: $75
Not a member? Join CCEDNet
Stories are a powerful way to connect, to engage, and to motivate people to take action.
“Stories not only teach us how to act — they inspire us to act. Because stories allow us to express our values not as abstract principles, but as lived experience, they have the power to move others.”
– Marshall Ganz
This three-hour workshop is designed to give organizations the tools they need to:
- discover the stories that convey the raison d’être for their existence
- share the impact they have in the community
- use stories as a strong call to action.
Participants will get hands-on practice, listen to great examples of powerful storytelling, and take away tools that will help them shape their story for different audiences.
Participants will learn to:
- Identify the elements of a great story
- Focus and structure their story
- Listen and ask questions to elicit stories from others
- Tell their story in a way that works for them